Monday, August 29, 2022

Ship Work (Valentine's Inc Cruises #1)


Okay, yes, another deviation from my TBR piles, but in all fairness, this series (Cruises) is linked to the Valentine's Inc series (a lot of the same authors were invited to contribute, the whole cupid company idea is the same, and a lot of the side characters in the original series are now main characters in this one) and each book has a cute ship-themed title. The first book in this series is titled "Ship Work," and it's by Jacki James. 

["Falling in love with your boss is never a good idea. Now if someone could just explain that to my heart.

Dane
When I first started working for Holt Atwood, I respected him. That respect turned to like, and eventually into love.
But Holt is married to his job, and I am not about playing second fiddle to mergers and acquisitions. So it’s time to move on.
I can do this one last thing for him though. I can go on this singles cruise with him and help him see that work isn’t all there is to life. If I can do that, I will feel better about leaving him with such short notice.

Holt
Work has been my focus for so long I’ve forgotten what it’s like to just let go and have fun.
At first, when my parents insisted I go on this cruise because I was on the fast track to burn out, I thought I could take my assistant along and make it a work trip.
But Dane has other ideas, and the longer I am around him outside of work, the more I realize maybe everyone is right. Maybe I have been so focused on work I’ve missed what’s really important.
I just hope it’s not too late to convince Dane I want him for more than work. I want him forever"]

A little fast into the falling and a little too dramatic of a miscommunication, but this book was very, very cute! Holt was just like "oh shit, I'm like in love with him and shit," and Dane was all "whelp, I guess if we're already here." Though Dane sassy and put Holt in his place more than once. They worked, and it was such a good start to the series.

Though I kept accidentally kept seeing Captain Raymond Holt from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which was very weird for me (since, they just had like NOTHING in common--and Dane is definitely not a Dr. Kevin Cozner).

#shipwork #jackijames

#shippingorders #shiphappens #battleship #luckoftheship #shippingthecaptain #abandoningship #shippingourloves #shipoff #upshipcreek #cruises #cruisesinc #valentinesinccruises #valentinesinccruisesseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...