Monday, September 26, 2022

Going Commando (Heathens Ink #2)


Lots and lots and lots of binge-reading in my near future. Let's start with Heathens Ink (and it's spin-off series Inked). All by K.M. Neuhold. The second book to read in the Heathens series "Going Commando," and it's Royal's book (the one secretly in love with his best friend).

["“I never thought I could want anyone as much as I wanted Nash, then I met you”~Royal

“What if I told you, you'd never have to choose?”~Zade

When I was sixteen I was afflicted with a terrible curse...I fell in love with my straight best friend. I never thought I’d move past my feelings for Nash and find someone who could love me in return, until the day a gorgeous marine plopped himself down in my chair and asked me to ink him. I’m falling fast for Zade, but my feelings for Nash are still very real. 

When life starts getting complicated and Nash speaks the words I never thought I’d hear, the only thing I want is for us to find a way to make this work...together."]

I don't know why I always praise books my saying the couple/trouple just made sense, but it's really important to me, and these three just MADE SENSE. It was easy for them. Yeah, there was a bit of angst with...everything, but when they all came together, it was almost meant to be.

Royal was hopelessly in love with his best friend, Nash, but fell almost instantly for Zade, too. Zade instantly had serious feelings for Royal and loved the games and the challenges and the carefree, but he wanted nothing more than for Nash to take care of him, too. Nash realized his feelings for Royal almost too late, but luckily, he had similar feelings for Zade. 

Trigger Warnings: off the page suicide, off the page drug use, transphobia, domestic abuse, etc.

#hotink #rescueme #goingcommando #fromashes #shatteredpieces #unraveled #inkedinvegas #uncomplicated #flashme #unexpected #heathensinkshortsandbonusscenes #heathensink #inked #heathensinkseries #inkedseries #kmneuhold #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...