Saturday, December 31, 2022

Goodbye, 2022!

2022...all and all wasn't...horrible. It wasn't great. Granted, when you look back on things, a lot of people remember all of the hard times and not necessarily the good times.

Hard Times: I started off the year with a combination of bronchitis and a sinus infection. It was COLD as fuck for a while and very snowy and just miserable. My favorite coworker decided to move on to a different job; work got, generally really, really sucky for a long time (spoiler alert, she's decided to come back in the new year). I got the fucking flu (which was 100X worse then when I had covid) while on my first solo-vacation (second time this year in Orlando--didn't make it out of my hotel much). My grandfather passed after his long battle with Parkinson's. An existential crises or two and some earlier-than-fucking-usual seasonal depression. Just a lot of stress through the year (as I'm looking back on all my old posts), but I managed to make it in one piece (manifesting happy thoughts and forcing myself to smile).

Good Times: My sister and I spend a week together in Orlando, bonding and going to all of the parks. Then, with my parents, we visited my sister and her husband at their new house in Tampa, exploring their new city and hanging out with the doggo. Through the year, there was a lot of adventuring and eating and bs-ing with my two best friends. A few more tattoos etched onto my body (and a few more in the works). Some seriously good tv shows and movies binged. Some more true crime (some more paranoia). Happy memories with my family, lots of laughs and memories. Looooooots of fabulous books read. A few new dreams realized. Some vague plans for 2023 that are exciting (at least, in theory).

  


2022 Resolutions:
     (1) Write [almost] every day...or at least think about it
     (2) Don't stop reading
     (3) Make something (e.g. a manuscript)
     (4) Share love of books/writing
     (5) Be kinder to myself



(1) I don't think I wrote at all this year. I thought about it a lot. Did some brainstorming, some research, and some planning. Did some "wow, wouldn't that be the dream" future planning. 

(2) Books read this year: 279 (might get one more in there before midnight though-). 

(3) Uhhh...see Resolution 1 I guess.

(4) Posts this year (including this one--as well as the next): 258.

(5) Uhhh (part 2)...I'd like to think I worked hard on self-love. Didn't stick to any eat-better plans or use-your-fucking-elliptical plans or any weight-loss goals. But like I said, I would some new ways to love myself and relax. We'll count this one as a win, too.



Anyone still holding onto their resolutions (now that its time to make brand-new ones)?

Any exciting 20233 reads?
Anything I should check out?


#newyearsresolutions #goodbyedecember #hello2022 #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #makesomething #shareloveofbooks #bekindertoself #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...