Monday, January 23, 2023

The Never King (Vicious Lost Boys #1)


There's a loooot of books out there on BookTok that gush about straight-erotica books. Some pull at me, but let's be real, my true weakness is queer erotica. However, another one of my weaknesses is Peter Pan and the Lost Boys and Neverland, and this dark retelling of Peter and Wendy sounded lovely (if you like things like enemies-to-lovers romance and ruthless, morally-gray love interests). Here's Nikki St. Crowe's "The Never King" (the first book in her Vicious Lost Boys series).

["The stories were all wrong — Hook was never the villain.

For two centuries, all of the Darling women have disappeared on their 18th birthday. Sometimes they’re gone for only a day, some a week or a month. But they always return broken.

Now, on the afternoon of my 18th birthday, my mother is running around the house making sure all the windows are barred and the doors locked.

But it’s pointless.

Because when night falls, he comes for me. And this time, the Never King and the Lost Boys aren’t willing to let me go."]

GoodReads had a lot of mixed feelings about this book. It was like the one season of "Once Upton A Time" when they all went to Neverland, and Peter Pan was a psychopath (which, he is--did my undergrad thesis on it). I thought it was pretty damn good. It was darker than I'm used to (being a dark romance) and heavy leaning into the fantasy side of things. However, I'll be adding this series to my TBR list for sure.

#theneverking #thedarkone #theirviciousdarling #thefaeprinces #nikkistcrowe #viciouslostboys #viciouslostboysseries #books #queerbooks #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...