Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Denial (Reckless Love #0.5)


Not sure how I skipped an entire series by Saxon James. At. All. Let's remedy that. Here's the prequel to Saxon's "Reckless Love" series, titled "Denial."

(Also, was anyone going to tell me I spend two years spelling Saxon's name wrong?)

["After an argument with my best friend sets my fight or flight mode into overdrive, I activate my three-step program for abandoning all of life’s responsibilities.
First, book a one-way trip to a tropical island.
Second, consume as much alcohol as my body will allow.
Third, stick my head in the sand until everything blows over.
Completely mature and totally foolproof.
Until I meet Colton. He isn’t part of my three-step program or even my five year plan. Tall, gorgeous, and a diving instructor to boot. He flirts non-stop, acts interested in everything I have to say, and when I give in–and damn do I give in–the man takes me to the stars.
But the worst part about running away from life’s problems, is that there comes a time where you have to run back.
There’s only so long I can ignore my responsibilities.
But when Colton asks me to stay, how do I walk away?"]

"Denial" was previous published as "Good Time and Tan Lines" and part of a series previous titled Love's A Gamble (let's go with that being the reason I missed this book/series...).

This novella was sooooo cute!! It was short and sweet and steamy. I kinda wanted a little bit more of them falling in love or a chapter between the last one and the epilogue, but it was beautiful! A great introduction to the series!!

#denial #risky #tempting #recklesslove #recklessloveseries #saxonjames #goodtimesandtanlines #betonme #callingyourbluff #lovesagamble #lovesagambleseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...