Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Devil Takes (The Devil Takes What's Willing Given #1)


Paranormal usually isn't my thing (and honestly, neither is fantasy), but I've followed Fae Quin on Instagram for her art and fanart for a loooooong time, and finally reading one of her books has been a long time coming. Here's "The Devil Takes" (it's a story loosely based on Persephone and Hades--which I 
loooooove).

["Who needs dating apps when you can stand naked in a graveyard at midnight calling for the Devil to take you away?

Percy
I don’t exactly know what I’m doing at college. I feel directionless, an omega adrift in a sea of promising young minds already on track with their five-year goals and life plans. My only goal has ever been to get away from my merciless father and his narrative that I’ll never amount to anything. And maybe he’s right, maybe I traded in my trailer park for stinky gym socks and red solo cups.
But when my frat initiation leads to a sexy chance encounter with a purple-demon-devil-incubus-dude, I can’t help but think that maybe the college life ain’t so bad, after all.

Haden
I may be purple but I am not a demon. Or a devil. Or even an incubus.
As the king of the underworld and keeper of the dead, my humanity has been long since forgotten.
That is until a young man in a graveyard calls to me one night. Like a kicked puppy, his sad, soulful eyes lure me in, and I can’t deny him. This sweet, stubborn boy who visits me in his dreams, he stirs up feelings in me that I left behind centuries ago. I want him. I crave him. But I know I cannot keep him…unless I take him…"]

This book had all of the feels. It was sad and angsty and dangerous. It was pining and steam and feeling so sure (and yet so confused). It wasn't the best ending, but it was prefaced as a HFN (happy for now) and not a HEA (happily ever after). I can't wait until the next book comes out.

Trigger Warnings: derogatory/hateful language, abuse, past child abuse, murder, graphic violence, hazing, darker themes, and more

#thedeviltakes #faequin #thedeviltakeswhatswillinggiven #paranormal #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...