Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Himbro


The one good thing about constant adds and recommendations on my Facebook page? Constant (new) pieces of fabulousness. Here's Honey London's "Himbro."

["Devon got dumped.
My tragic taste in men has left me in the lurch… again. This time it’s the day before I’m supposed to leave for a destination wedding. When my ridiculously hot older stepbrother volunteers to be my travel buddy, I’m ready for five days of brotherly fun in the sun. What I’m not prepared for? My very straight stepbrother introducing himself as my boyfriend to shut up my manipulative, evil ex.

Jesse saves the day.
I’ve spent my entire life protecting my nerdy little stepbrother. If spending a few days holding his hand and calling him baby is going to help him stand up for himself, I’m ready to give an Oscar-worthy performance in my role of fake boyfriend. What I’m not prepared for? A game of spin the bottle that changes everything.
"]

Step-brothers. Opposites attract (sub-trope or trope-adjacent: nerd v jock). Fake relationship (sub-trope or trope-adjacent: only one bed). And a guaranteed HEA.

Yup, all of that and more. Plus, this is a novella, so a quick Sunday (oh, it's Monday--but a holiday Monday so basically a Sunday) read before the week starts over. 

Okay, step-brothers isn’t exactly taboo; we’ve all read them (we’ve all read them, right—if not, I got some good recommendations for those, too). But Honey makes it so taboo and spicy and unique. 

Going to binge-read her stuff now instead of sticking to my plans, which I made before reading this.

Trigger Warning: gaslighting, douchey ex, and more

#himbro #honeylondon #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...