Saturday, May 20, 2023

Never Have I Ever: Wanted My Brother's Rival (Never Have I Ever #4)


I said this a few weeks ago about Willow Dixon's fourth Never Have I Ever Book ("Never Have I Ever: Wanted My Brother's Rival"--its the fourth book in the series).. "
but I'm already willing to give a looooot to protect him (he's sunshine and anxiety all wrapped up in one--with an Encyclopedia brain and diabetes and secrets galore)." And nothing has changed.

["“Why is the one person I hate the only guy I can’t stop thinking about?”

West, my older brother’s high school rival. The rich kid who has it all. The guy who disappeared six years ago and destroyed my brother’s life.
I thought West and I were friends. I trusted him, but he showed me I was nothing more to him than a means to an end.
Being twenty and in my last year of college isn’t easy. Neither is being a virgin. I’ve never been normal or felt like I fit in, and I don’t feel what I’m supposed to.
My online job has given me the perfect way to solve my virginity problem, but then the last person I ever wanted to see again shows up on my doorstep. Not only has West learned what I do for a living, he’s essentially my landlord.
I hate him. So why can’t I stay away from him? Why is he the only person I’ve ever felt a connection with, who makes me feel like there’s something in me worth wanting?
"]

Okay, so it was a bit dramatic about the "destroyed my brothers life" thing, but Eli was a kid at the time, going through his own shit. And it did fuck up his brother's life, as well as his life (his being Eli--his also bing West, but we don't know that yet (spoiler alert)). It was a really nasty and complicated and highly unfortunate butterfly affect. A few minor trigger warnings below. 

But the two of them?! The trust and the connection and the fire?!?! The fluff and the protectiveness and the passions?!?!?! It was almost too much. I wasn't breathing (which was particularly fun while still recovering from bronchitis), and I was so close to crying (coughing helped keep the tears at bay). They didn't have it the easiest. And honestly, there was room for more angst, but I'm forever grateful that Willow didn't give them every single struggle possible. 

Trigger Warnings: bullying, brief mention of childhood domestic abuse, complicated butterfly affect, and more

#neverhaveieverpunchedmyroommatesvcard #punchedmyroommatesvcard #neverhaveieversubmittedtomyenemy #submittedtomyenemy #neverhaveieverhadabromancewithateammate #abromancewithateammate #neverhaveieverwantedmybrothersrival #wantedmybrothersrival #neverhaveiever #neverhaveieverseries #willowdixon #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...