Monday, May 29, 2023

Try Me (Extracurricular Activities #2)


Not sure I have any rhyme or reason to why I read next. Here's Neve Wilder's Extracurricular Activities series. The second novel is "Try Me."

["Two rivals. One law internship. A whole lot of objectionable activity.

It wasn’t always this way between us.
We were best friends growing up.
Competitive? Yeah.
Ruthless? Definitely.
Neither of us liked to lose.

But the intense chemistry?
That’s new.
The hatred in his eyes?
That’s new, too.

I should let it go.
There’s too much bad blood between our families. Between us.
But I can’t.
I don’t think he can, either.

Now we’re gunning for the same internship.
If he thinks I’ll back down, he’s dead wrong.

Once upon a time, I lost everything.
I won’t let it happen again.

Go ahead. Try me."]

This book was so freaking good. I mean, the animosity and the hate and the angst and the stakes were so freaking anxiety inducing. Like, holy hell. But the steam and the fluff! 

The fluff!! There was so much honest care there, just everywhere. They cared. Even when they didn't want to, even when they absolutely hated each other, they cared.

What the blurb doesn't tell you? They were childhood best friends. Best friends with a definite shot to an angst-free, easy happily ever after. Until the adults stepped in and fucked shit up. THEN they were enemies and hated each other....and then they didn't. 

Trigger Warnings: blackmail, drug use, off-page overdosing, homophobia, and more 

#wantme #tryme #showme #nevewilder #extracurricularactivities #extracurricularactivitiesseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...