Thursday, July 6, 2023

Wild Fire (Drake Security #3)


Both working through my TBR piles AND reading recently debuted novels...because I can. Here's Mika Nix's (K.M. Neuhold + Mia Monroe) third novel in their Drake Security series, "Wild Fire."

["He’s my nemesis, my rival, and the man I can’t get out of my head. We may be star-crossed but there’s enough heat between us to start a wildfire. 

I’ve never been one to follow the rules, but sleeping with a wolf shifter might be over the line, even for me. So, why can’t I get him out of my head? Or his scent out of my nose. Even on the other side of the world, I swear I can still smell him. 

Everyone has a hobby, mine just happens to be stealing from the rich and powerful to give back to the rightful owners. A native art exhibit in Sydney is the last place I expected to see Draydon again. I can’t shake the feeling that he’s here for the same reason I am… and here I thought larceny couldn’t get any more fun. 

I’m a dragon without a proper hoard and he’s too jaded to even trust his own pack. But we’ve already lit a fire that’s getting out of hand. 

Stealing Draydon’s heart might be my most impossible heist yet."]

This book, this series, is one of the best I've ever read. And that's saying something. I mean, yes, I feel that way about a lot of books/series, but honestly, there's so much emotion and feeling packed into this. So much love and dedication and possessiveness and protectiveness and love and fate and fairy tales. 

Like, in most romantic books, there's a metaphor for the butterflies in your stomach and the green eyed monster of jealousy and the feeling of rightness/completeness and the purr of happiness/contentness. Obviously. There's so many ways to describe all of those feelings, all of those emotions, all of those cliches (cliches work y'all, that's why they're cliches). But in this series, those metaphors are a physical and emotional and fairy tale part of the main characters. It's their personality. It's them. Arson's dragon. Dray's wolf. It's what makes them above the average romance character (and the, well, paranormal character). 

I can't. 

I also can't wait for the rest of this series (I heard Tino is next--though I'm curious about Mac), or the spin-off series about the wolf pack (god, I need so much of them). I wonder if their will be a spin-off-spin-off series with the vampires?? Or fae... Huh. I need more info (and books).

#hothead #smolder #wildfire #drakesecurity #drakesecurityseries #mikanix #kmneuhold #miamonroe #paranormal #books #queerbooks #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Testing the Goalie (Green Springs University #2)

Sorta trying to catch up on a few books from my short list TBR piles. Here's Laura John's latest series: Green Springs University. T...