Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Stepbrother Dearest (Crimson Club #1)


Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Stepbrother Dearest." It's the first novel in her latest series, Crimson Club.

["Of all the people who could have seen me when I was at my most vulnerable, it had to be him.

Caleb. My stepbrother and the golden child of our messed up blended family. We barely know each other, but for some reason he takes care of me when an incident at the club leaves me helpless and alone.

He hates me as much as I hate him, but something about his bossy attitude and unflappable calm soothes me. I don’t want to want him, but no one has ever made me feel the way he does.

Hooking up with my enemy is stupid as f*ck. So is breaking my rules for him. I know this, but whatever is between us will eventually burn out and I can go back to my solitary life and forget all about how amazing it feels to let someone else take control."]

Quick connections here: Gray is bio-brothers with Eli from “NHIE Wanted My Brothers Roommate.” Grays coworker, Kai, is from “NHIE Submitted To My Enemy.” Gary’s other coworkers (so many fun new people and opportunities for trouble (and love)) will be featured in this new series (which I cannot. wait. for).

Also, took me foooooorever to relapse the messiness of their unique self either relationship, so I’ll help you out (the book might have stated as such but I also might have skimmed over for): Grays bio-dad divorced his bio-mom and married Caleb’s bio-mom (after other drama); Grays boo-mom is happily remarried with kiddos do their own. All in all, pretty damn toxic up in there (hence the trigger warnings).

ANYway, this book only took me as long to read as it did because I was mature and choose sleep, ;) But it was so fucking good, that it was a close ass call. SO. FUCKING. GOOD. I cannot (cannnnnnot) wait for the rest of the series. Read all of Willows books; now; you won’t regret it.

Trigger Warnings: childhood domestic abuse, parental neglect, emotional abuse, homophobia, asshole parents, and more

#stepbrotherdearest #fakerswithbenefits #crimsonclub #crimsonclubseries #willowdixon #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...