Sunday, November 26, 2023

Awake


Now that I have a long weekend and people home, maybe I can read more thrillers? They're fucking addictive, even if I get paranoid as fuck. So I lasted suuuuuuuper long taking a break from the thrillers/mysteries. Here's "Awake" by Natasha Preston.

["Scarlett Garner doesn’t remember anything before the age of four—but a car accident changes everything. She starts to remember pieces of a past that frighten her. A past her parents hid from her…and a secret that could get her killed."]

Not to brag, but I totally predicted one of the major plots twists by chapter three. Not that it was a good plot twist (bad things happen), but it was unique (and good in that way).

I literally didn't know what to think after I finished this. Shock at the ending. Shock that the ending wasn't a typical triple-twist. Shock that it wasn't...bad. Shock in general.

So I turned to Goodreads to see what other people thought. I agree with the age thing; not many people remember before the age of four unless it's a painful or powerful memory (all of mine are from getting hurt or my sister being born). I disagree with how upset people are with how fast they fell in love; that's a genre thing, get over it. No one seems to mention the ending though; which I'm upset about (the fact that no one cares, and the fact that we'll never know).

#awake #natashapreston #thriller #yathriller #murdermystery #yamurdermystery #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...