Monday, December 11, 2023

Best Served Cold (Crimson Club #3)


Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Best Served Cold." It's the third novel in her Crimson Club series.

["When the guys at work dare me and the new guy to play a game of gay chicken, I figure I’ll get my first kiss and bragging rights for winning. What I don’t expect is for that game to awaken something in me. Something I’ve never felt before.

Something that makes me want more. Makes me want him.

I never back down from a challenge, but that doesn’t explain why being with Noah feels so good. Why I can’t stop thinking about him. Why he’s the only person who’s ever stirred even the slightest interest in me.

Why getting him off gets me off.

Watching Noah lose control is everything. So is knowing he can’t stay away from me, either."]

This one was a hard read. The Trigger Warnings below neeeed to be minded. It sent me into a mini depressive episode last night. 

HOWEVER, Noah and Zane are sooooo worth it. They're shit at communicating and didn't get their crap together until the end, but when they did??? Heart-eyes and butterflies everywhere!! I might be obsessed with them.

Trigger Warnings: religious trauma, on page mental health struggles (depression, anxiety), on page pot/marijuana use, neglectful and emotionally abusive parents (encouraging sexual assault, encouraging suicide), mentions of past death of parents and allusions that one may have been intentional, mention of financially abusive extended family, mentions of past bullying (assault), and more.

#stepbrotherdearest #fakerswithbenefits #bestservedcold #leftonread #crimsonclub #crimsonclubseries #willowdixon #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...