Sunday, December 10, 2023

Fakers With Benefits (Crimson Club #2)


Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Fakers With Benefits." It's the second novel in her Crimson Club series.

["Just when I think my life can’t get any weirder, a mysterious stranger comes to the club and offers me a crap-ton of cash to pose as his boyfriend for ninety days.

The job sounds simple enough. Evan is as rich as he is hot, and he says he doesn’t expect anything from me other than my acting skills. If we can pull it off and fool his friends and family, he gets his inheritance. I get a new wardrobe, a huge payout, and a chance to see how the other half lives.

But as time goes on and I find myself becoming more involved in Evan’s world, I realize things aren’t always as they seem.

On the outside Evan is a buttoned-up, boring businessman. But when he starts receiving letters threatening not only himself, but also me, I find out who he truly is.

Ruthless.

Possessive.

And the only person who’s ever made me feel seen."]

This. Book. Fuck me; this book was fabulous. There was a lot of angst (the situation between the two of them, the feelings between the two of them, the threats, the family, the secrets), but there was so much fucking steam and fluff and AGH D: 

They both have been burned by people in the past, they both have abandonment issues and trust issues and issue issues, they both have wildly different jobs/salaries. But they match. Their missing pieces match. Their dreams of the future match. Their wants/needs match. They were messy and anxiety-inducing and not-easy-at-all. But they were perfect for each other. 

#stepbrotherdearest #fakerswithbenefits #bestservedcold #leftonread #crimsonclub #crimsonclubseries #willowdixon #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...