Sunday, December 31, 2023

Goodbye, 2023!

This year was both very quick and very stressful. I'm sure other things happened, but those, right off the top of my head, are the very first two adjectives I could think of. After I looked back at my 2023 posts, the books I read, the memories I had? It was a really damn good year. Yes, it had its negatives, but overall, it didn't suck. It was actually more positive than I had originally remembered. :D 

Negatives: Colds, COVID, bronchitis, gi bugs. Air-quality alerts. 90+ degree days. Work got suuuuper stressful for a while there. Adulting. 

Positives: Friends and family. Books and candles. So many outtings with friends. So many memories with my family. And soooooo much more (see memories listed below).


2023 Resolutions:

     (1) Write [almost] every day...or at least think about it

     (2) Don't stop reading

     (3) Make something (e.g. a memories)

     (4) Share love of books/writing

     (5) Be kinder to myself


(1) None. At all. Some thoughts about trying again. But none actually accomplished. This is the second or so year in a row that I've...not done well with this resolution. Maybe this resolution needs...resolved.

(2) Books read this year: 452 (might get one more in there before midnight though).

(3) 2023 Memories: I started 2023 off with this resolution still being "(e.g a manuscript)", but I quickley changed it to memories, as its easier to make memories, and I'd rather look back on my memories than my not so well done attempts at manuscript completing. I went to the symphony twice. Three concerts. Four (?) new tattoos. Visited my sister twice. Got visited by her once. Went to the movies 3 times. A bunch of birthdays. Goat yoga. Lots of adventures/festivals at a near-by farm. My coworker had a baby. Did a reading challenge in October that inspired me to do more of in 2024. I changed positions at work. Jury duty, though I ended up not being selected to be on a jury. A bunch of long weekends to reset. A few solo vacations. And honestly, so blessed and humbled to read all of the books I did.

(4) Posts this year (including this one): 374.

(5) All in all, I want to say pretty damn good. There were days, weekends, months, that were rough mental health wise, but I'm still here so. Some months started out strong, but then I either got lazy, got sick, or just forgot. I was sick for like the first 3-4 months of this year, but it got better. Figured out a few more things about myself that can (will--be positive and assertive) help me live 2024 more happily and more authentically. 

(4) Posts this year (including this one): 374.

(5) All in all, I want to say pretty damn good. There were days, weekends, months, that were rough mental health wise, but I'm still here so. Some months started out strong, but then I either got lazy, got sick, or just forgot. I was sick for like the first 3-4 months of this year, but it got better. Figured out a few more things about myself that can (will--be positive and assertive) help me live 2024 more happily and more authentically. 


Anyone still holding onto their resolutions?


Any exciting 2024 reads?

Anything I should check out?


#newyearsresolutions #goodbye2023 #hello2024 #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #makesomething #shareloveofbooks #bekindertoself #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...