Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Ready, Set, Glow (Christmas Falls #8)


Here is the eighth novel in the new multi-author series (Christmas Falls): this is Rye Cox's "Ready Set Glow."

["There is nothing more annoying than Christmas...

I see the irony of being the owner of a Christmas tree farm and hating the very holiday that keeps my family business alive, but Christmas Falls takes this season way too seriously with their festive business names to the sheer merriment that envelops the entire town.

I'm no grinch, but I can relate to one being surrounded by all this jubilance. It doesn't help when a new part-timer joins the tree farm and is the very embodiment of joy, starting from his name—Felix Joy.

He's ten years younger than me, and I feel the age difference every second I interact with him. His enthusiasm exhausts me, yet I can't stay away, even if it means I have to deal with the ridiculous nickname he forces onto me.

He's melting the fatigue of Christmas, but I'll never admit it. I'm ready for all the blinding lights to come down, for him to leave, and to finally get some peace and quiet."]

Just when I thought I was about to catch up on some of my other books/authors/TBRs, another Christmas Falls book comes out (and adding another author-to-binge to my list).

This book was so good!!! Bruce is just a fucking teddy bear. He's all tough and growly and grumpy on the outside, but on the inside he's protective and caring as fuck. He just wants people to be safe and happy. He's comfortable with life (minus owning a Christmas tree farm and hating Christmas)..until he meets Felix. Felix just wanted to be seen as an adult, even if he's an angel personified. He's sweet and kind and sparkly and filled with job (and a little sass--a lot of sass). They were perfect for each other. 

#readysetglow #ryecox

#grinchkisses #snowbodylovesme #getfrosted #silentknight #clausingascene #underthemistletome #noelfingway #scroogeyou #christmasfalls #christmasfallsseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...