Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Holiday Disaster (Doves of Destiny #1)


Who can turn down a cute Holiday series? Certainly not me. Here's Rye Cox's "The Holiday Disaster." It's the first book in her Doves of Destiny series.

["What do you call being stranded with your brother’s best friend? A Recipe for disaster? Or a dream come true?

Ethan Wang
College is supposed to be my chance to start over. To leave high school behind and focus on my studies to become a vet. Then, I board a plane on winter break and find myself seated next to my brother’s best friend. The same guy I had a huge crush on even though he always seemed to have it out for me.

It should be a quick flight filled with awkward small talk, but plans change when the plane’s engine fails and we have to land in the middle of nowhere. After a sequence of ill-fated events, we’re forced to share a B&B with only one bed. Trapped in a room with a man I’ve hidden my feelings from for years… What’s the worst that could happen?

Kingsley Sharp
I usually get what I want, thanks to my mastery at charming my way into anyone’s heart. That, however, hasn’t been the case with my best friend’s brother. We got off on the wrong foot, and I want nothing more than to win him over.

Now with us stranded together, my chance has come. Stuck in a small town full of snow drifts and holiday cheer, I’m determined to use this disaster to make this a magical holiday neither of us will forget."]

I was surprisingly not mad at the slow burn of this novel. There was a push-and-pull and a will-they-won’t-they thing going on, a bunch of innocent misunderstandings and almost kisses and doves of fate.

Even with the misunderstandings, there was very low angst. This novel was one of the sweetest and fluffiest things I’ve read in a while. And that cafe scene with the boyfriend proposal????? Dead. I’m dead. 

#theholidaydisaster #theholidayboyfriend #dovesofdestiny #dovesofdestinyseries #ryecox #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...