Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Embracing Temptation (Sentinel Protection #2)


Laura John has three more m/m books out, so I figured I'd just binge those now. ;) "Embracing Temptation" is the second novel in her Sentinel Protection duology. 

["Love is a curse.
Been there.
Done that.
Don’t want a repeat.

I keep myself closed off, leaving that part of me in the past along with my failed marriage.

Until him.

My employee and fellow bodyguard helps me discover a new side to myself I never knew existed. But as tempting as he is, I need to stay away. There is just too much at risk if I give in.

I try to keep him at arm's length, but he doesn’t give up easily and slowly works his way into my heart. The scary part is that the more time I spend with him, the more I want him.

Is he worth taking another chance on love, or am I destined to be alone?"]

This book was so cute! It did have its angsty moments and its slower moments, but it was filled with protectiveness and spice and just that feeling of rightness. 

They were complete opposites, but they wanted the same exact things. And when they finally stopped thinking quite so hard with their heads and let their hearts lead, they figured their shit out. Then came the inevitable someone-is-in-the-hospital-almost-dying thing that Laura loves to do to us so much. THEN came the happily ever after. ;)

#fightingattraction #kissinginthesnow #embracingtemptation #sentinelprotection #sentinelprotectionseries #laurajohn #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...