Monday, January 29, 2024

Mask of Sin


I still don't know what to read, but I need a change of pace; so...I decided to get a head start on some Beat the Backlog books. This one was leftover from my October reads last year. It's Michaela Cole's "Mask of Sin" (it's a dark romance).

["Halloween is supposed to be a time of celebration and delight, tricks and sweet treats.

If you're a college student like me, that includes hitting up the legendary costume party my best friend, Blaine, throws every year at his family's mansion.

And my senior year is shaping up to be the best year of all because I've finally caught the attention of my hot roommate and crush, Kellen Williams. He is everything I desire, and all I need is for this night with him to go perfectly.

I guess that makes me naive.

After all, according to some ancient traditions, Halloween is a time when the line between the living and the dead becomes thin. Where spirits and sinners are free to walk the earth, wreaking havoc and seeking vengeance, and dressing in masks will shield you from their evil.

Too bad I never liked masks, and no costume can protect me from the supposed sins of my past or the evil of those who have set out to enact revenge against me."]

The prologue threw me off. Just as I gathered my thought. The first coaster threw me even more. And then, when I got everything figured out, this shit turns violent and scorched-earth. And then it’s fluffy as hell. Annnnd, sommmmmehow, it flows. Like what?!?!?

I don’t know how Michaela did it, but like, this was gold. Dark as fuck gold, but gold.

Trigger Warnings: suicide, sexual assault, physical violence, death, drug use, homophobia, and more.

#maskofsin #michaelacole #beatthebacklog #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...