Monday, January 15, 2024

Seeking Sanctuary (Men of Fairlake #3)


Not sure what I want to read right now (reading slump mixed with mild seasonal depression). However, Romeo Alexander's "Men of Fairlake" has been on my TBR list for a while now, so I figured I'd start there. The third novel is "Seeking Sanctuary."

["I lost him once. I won’t let him be taken from me again without a fight.

The voice on the other end of the line is one I’d given up all hope of ever hearing again…Devin.

As a boy, I loved him like a brother. As a man, my feelings are far from brotherly. Despite the years apart, everything in me aches to hold him, touch him, taste him. Is it possible he feels the same?

Right now, he’s hurting, and I swore I’d help. He needs me, but as I watch over him, I feel so helpless. Drugs have stolen so much of his life, and as they work their way out of his system, I vow never to let anyone or anything hurt him again.

If only that was a promise I could keep.

But Devin’s past comes back with a vengeance, and this time, I’m not going to sit back and wait. This time, I’ll do whatever it takes to get him back where he belongs.

In my arms and in my bed. Forever."]

I avoided reading this one for a bit, only because I knew how hard it would be. From the previous two books, to the sheer agony of the trigger warnings below. Then when I did start it, I couldn't stop. 

This one was haaaard emotionally and mentally. These aren't particularly my triggers, but they were descriptive, on the page, and in depth. 

But their hard times and their struggles made their love story all the more beautiful and emotional and strong. They had to fight their demons, both new and old, separately and together. This novel wasn't slow burn (the spice was strong), but those nightmares came to life near the third act really will leave you feeling hallow. 

Trigger Warnings: explicit violence, abduction, drug abuse (vivid descriptions), withdrawal (vivid descriptions), implicit rape, domestic violence, child abuse, rape, on-page killing, and more

#mybestfriendssecret #fallingembers #seekingsanctuary #cuffsandcommitment #oncebrokentwiceloved #cakeandcomfort #mychaoshiscalm #menoffairlake #menoffairlakeseries #romeoalexander #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...