Sunday, January 28, 2024

Treasuring Michael (Tales Reimagined #3)


R.S. McKenzie is currently working on a whole series of gay reimagined fairytales (series named: Tales Reimagined). The third book is a Cinderella retelling, and it's titled "Treasuring Michael."

["Damon
I've been stuck in a bad situation for most of my life with no escape in sight. I work all day only to come home and face derision and abuse from my stepfather and stepbrothers. Wash, rinse, repeat. Everything changes the night I sneak into the masquerade ball my stepfather forbade me to attend. The event he says will change the trajectory of his career. While there, I come face to face with a man that's supposed to be dead. A man I’m afraid may have murdered my best friend. He’s asking for my trust, but am I ready to make that leap?

Michael
When I came back to the States to save my brother, I didn't think I'd run into the man who has been on my mind for years. Damon is still as gorgeous as I remember. But he's afraid of me. I'll do what I can to have him trust me, including telling him the truth about my past. I want Damon, there's nothing I won't do to keep him."]

I forgot how much I loooooooved this serious. Seriously. It's so dark but deep and emotional and spicy and possessive and someone still so sweet and fairy-tale-like and karma's-coming-for-you and perfect.

And these two?! They fell so hard and so fast, no matter the hell going on behind closed doors. Damon made Michael knock his walls down. Michael made Damon come out of his shell. They were perfect for each other in so many ways. I can't. I fucking love this series.

Trigger Warnings: physical abuse, mental abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse, graphic violence, off page parental death, on page death, and more.

#tamingsavage #trustingquin #treasuringmichael #talesreimagined #talesreimaginedseries #rsmckenzie  #beautyandthebeast #littleredridinghood #cinderella #beautyandthebeastretelling #littleredridinghoodretelling #cinderellaretelling #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...