Thursday, February 15, 2024

Cheshire in Heartsland (Wonderland Ever After #2)


My 2024 Reading Challenge for the month of February will be Beat The Backlog work (digital and print books). This includes Ariella Zoelle's "Alistair in Wonderland." It's the first novel in her Wonderland Ever After series. By reading this, I'm crossing off last October reads (paranormal/fantasy) as well as an author off my to-binge list.

["Cheshire is determined to convince King Rei to give them a second chance at happily ever after. But what if the only way to do that is for the cat shifter to team up with his enemy?

I could sulk about King Rei choosing his duty to his kingdom over our relationship, but it’s way more fun to get payback by stealing his crowns. Of course, my favorite form of revenge is tempting my fated mate with what he could have if only he wasn’t so stubborn.

We’ve been playing our will-they-won’t-they game since he took the throne, but the stakes change when a rival prince arrives in Wonderland to try wooing away my beloved. As a master of mayhem and mischief, I’m prepared to chase off the unwanted interloper by any means necessary.

But I quickly discover that the little princeling isn’t what he seems. And what’s more ingenious than working with my enemy to catch Rei by surprise? After all, I said I’d do absolutely anything to win him back.

Will my efforts finally motivate Rei to let me claim him as my mate?"]

GAHH! D: This book!!!! Double D: !!

Cheshire stole the show from the last book, because that's just who he is. I loooove this character. He's kind and sweet and mischievous and stubborn and so layered but so freaking great. And he was the perfect match for Rei, who is all of those things but with the added sense of humbleness and a few crowns. ;)

And Prince Renner? He was adorable as fuck. I can't wait for his book!!

#alistairinwonderland #cheshireisheartsland #rennerinmirrorland #hatterinclockland #wonderlandeverafter #wonderlandeverafterseries #ariellazoelle #fairytaleretelling #aliceinwonderland #aliceinwonderlandretelling #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...