Friday, February 16, 2024

Ex Match (Perfect Match Agency: Springtime #1)


My 2024 Reading Challenge for the month of February will be Beat The Backlog work (digital and print books). I'm going to claim this also includes keeping up with and catching up with my favorite authors most recent releases. Here's M.M. Farmer's "Ex Match." It's the first novel in a new multi-author series called "Perfect Match Agency: Springtime."

["Sparks fly when the Perfect Match Agency matches two exes who had a bad, bad break-up. But the real fire starts after an emergency heat leads to a surprise pregnancy…

John
It’s been a year since my relationship with Michael imploded and my life fell apart, and I’m finally ready to date again. Especially with my heat about to come at any moment. I never thought I would resort to a matchmaking agency to help me find an alpha…and I never expected that alpha to be my ex.

Michael
My heart was in shreds after John kicked me out of the life we’d lived together for five years. So I when my therapist suggested I sign up with the Perfect Match Agency, I was skeptical. And then they went and matched me with John. My John! On top of that, what does he do on our “first date” but go into heat!
Now we have a far bigger problem than suddenly seeing each other after a year. We have a baby on the way and a mountain of baggage to sort through if we’re going to build a life for him. Can we take this second chance we’ve been given and do better the second time around, or will my family get in the way and ruin the best thing that’s ever happened to me?"]

Another novella, another home-run from MM. She never fails to pack soooooo much into all of her works, even the novellas. There was angst and hope, there was fluff and steam, there was fights and compromise, there was horrible families and amazing friends, there was hate and love, there was John and Michael. 

They weren't perfect. Instead of talking, they bottled things up and held onto insecurities and lashed out. After a year apart and some individual growth, fate told them it was time to start again. And restart they did. ;)

Trigger Warning: toxic family members, therapy (helpful and insightful), and more

#exmatch #enemymatch #doublematch #lusciousmatch #wildmatch #perfectmatchagency #perfectmatchagencyseries #perfectmatchagencyspringtime #perfectmatchagencyspringtimeseries #mmfarmer #annawineheart #roehorvat #wendyrathbone #amybellows #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...