Sunday, March 24, 2024

Embracing his Vampire Mate (Blood Bonded Mates #1.6)


I might as well also read another novella by Jay Castle while I'm here. It’s his only other published work after all. And it’s also in his Blood Bonded Mates series. AND it’s short. So, why not? This novella is titled "Embracing his Vampire Mate” (available via #BookFunnel).

["DANTE
My ability to sense the things other people can’t has already cost me any shot I ever might’ve had at normalcy. But normal is overrated anyhow, right? So what if I routinely send guys running for the hills because I come off as too weird for them? Besides, I don’t really mind being alone. It’s easier that way, after all. But then I meet Aiden. He stares at me like I’m the last cupcake in the display and I don’t know why. What I do know is that he’s hiding something big. I can feel it. His secrets call out to me, demanding answers. But the closer I get to him, the more certain I am that finding the truth might mean risking my heart in the process.

AIDEN
Bartending in a college town keeps me grounded. It’s as close to being human as I can get. An arrangement with the very confused but still obliging local butcher ensures I don't have to hunt for what sustains me. It's a quiet life with only two rules. Rule number one: don’t hurt anyone. And rule number two: don’t let anyone get too close. Sure, sometimes it gets a little lonely, but I’ve learned long ago that giving my heart over to someone else is nothing more than a recipe for pain. It’s far better that I’m on my own. That is, until Dante takes a job at the bar and turns my entire world inside out. I know should stay away, but I’m having trouble taking my eyes off him. And even though the way I’m feeling is dangerous for both of us, I know it’s only a matter of time until I give in."]

I loved this piece! I loved Dante! He was sweet and sassy and toooooottally knew so many secrets about people, though he waited patiently for them to tel him (he never confronted people). He was kind and caring and so snarky and perfect for Aiden.

Aiden needed a break in his routine, a reprieve from his self, a remaking of his self imagine, a revival of his heart. Dante was all of that and so so much more.

And there’s a cat!!

#snowedinwiththevampireprince #embracinghisvampiremate #marriedtothevampireking #bloodbondedmates #bloodbondedmatesseries #jaycastle #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...