Sunday, March 31, 2024

Protect You (Beaumont University #2)


We interrupt your regularly schedule reading to bring you something that won't fucking trigger my already too thin mental state. I want to read more dark romance and finish some other series, but I'm trying to be kind to my body while it's struggling to take care of itself, hence a cute low-angst romance. "Protect you You" is the second novel in Ashley Rayne's Beaumont University series.

["What happens when you fall in love with your roommate?

Asher
The emotions that I tried to hide behind the constant bickering are finally out there.
Our never-ending fighting stops. The dinners I make for us have become a routine.
The next thing I know, my roommate is my boyfriend, and everything is falling into place.

Noah
Until everything falls apart.
All Asher wants to do is shield me from the hardened world around us, but the one thing he can’t protect me from is myself.

Will Asher and Noah’s love be strong enough to survive life’s twists, or will the imperfections overwhelm the happiness it can bring?"]

This one was still as sweet and kind and fluffy and spicy as the first novel, but it was less nice to my current mental state. I thought the trigger warnings would be okay, and yet here I am, crying. 

But Asher was perfect. So fucking perfect. Noah has his struggles and his demons, but he figured it out; he had a huge support system, and he asked for help. 

Together, they were a hot mess. But they communicated and compromised and were patient and they made it work.

I'm even more impatient for Ronan's book after all the hints to it in this one now though!! D: :D

Trigger Warning: prescription medication (Adderall) abuse/addiction, therapy, and more

#persuadeyou #protectyou #praiseyou #beaumontuniversity #beaumontuniversityseries #ashleyrayne #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...