Sunday, March 31, 2024

Persuade You (Beaumont University #1)


We interrupt your regularly schedule reading to bring you something that won't fucking trigger my already too thing mental state. I want to read more dark romance and finish some other series, but I'm trying to be kind to my body while it's struggling to take care of itself, hence a cute low-angst romance. "Persuade You" is the first novel in Ashley Rayne's Beaumont University series.

["Carter
The Number One Rule for gay guys is to not fall in love with the straight guy. I broke that rule the moment I fell in love with my best friend. I’ve never acted on it and have always kept it to myself. But one day he tells me that he might be into guys and he wants to see what it’s like. There’s only one thing for me to do: volunteer to help.

West
I’ve always considered myself a straight man. Until the day I start looking at my best friend differently and it turns my world upside down. This is all new to me, so I do the only thing I can: ask for his help."]

This book was definitely a bandaid for my heart. There was very little angst, like I was promised. There was some miscommunication and trust-me-I-know-what-I'm-doing boy shit. But they made their way back to each other, again and again.

I loved them. I looooove friends to lovers, and this one definitely didn't disappoint. There was so much fluff (so much sweet gestures and butterflies) and so much spice (they really just jumped in it).

I can't wait to read the rest of the series and see what the rest of the roommates get into and how hard they fall. This was a fabulous beginning to Ashley's (hopefully long) writing career. 

#persuadeyou #protectyou #praiseyou #beaumontuniversity #beaumontuniversityseries #ashleyrayne #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...