Monday, April 15, 2024

Just a Taste


Here's Briar Prescott's latest novel, "Just a Taste."

["Lake
So... I’m getting married.
Just three minor details: my husband-to-be is technically also my step-brother, he’s straight, and we’re absolutely nowhere in the vicinity of being in love.

Ryker
Only then comes the you-may-kiss-your-husband part. Turns out kissing your husband is a terrible idea because it makes you have strange thoughts you’ve never had before.
Turns out kissing my husband makes me question everything I know about myself.

Lake
It's fine. It doesn't have to mean anything. Just a blip on the radar. I'll leave it be.
But then I find out I’m not the only one who’s having ideas because of that kiss.
And we do something incredibly stupid and give in to temptation.

Ryker
Again.
And again.
And again.

Lake
Until something casual and temporary turns into something very different.
Something unexpected.
Something serious.
Something terrifyingly real.

Ryker
Now I'm determined to show Lake how good the two of us could be together.
Because with him? Just a taste will never be enough."]

This book was A. LOT. So many emotions and personal demons and almost-fights and sex and fluff and wow. But it was so good!

So many friends who were there. So many family members that just fucking won't (trigger warning). So many moments of understanding between Lake and Ryker. Ryker being a stubborn, soft-hearted, Golden-Boy fool for Lake. Lake being a stubborn, petty, broken boy with walls up for everyone but Ryker.

This was a really good read! And Briar says its not over for them yet, so I'll be excited to see where they go next.

#justataste #briarprescott #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brutal Titan (North Shore Titans #2)

Here's E.V. Olsen's latest series North Short Titans. The second novel in this series is "Brutal Titan." ["Jackson Re...