Sunday, May 5, 2024

Inferno (Drake Security #4)


So many TBRs and so little time (and these authors just keep releasing shit, like my reading life (and life life) isn't already stressful enough). Here's Mika Nix's "Inferno," the fourth book in the Drake Security series.

["I know I should keep my hands off of Montrose. But the one thing dragons and demons have in common is how much we love to play with fire.

My youngest brother has always had a knack for getting himself into trouble, but this time he’s stolen from the wrong demon and it might just be the last mistake he ever makes.

I have no reason to trust Montrose, but my dragon does anyway. There's something about the vibrant, sassy incubus that calls to me, no matter how hard I try to resist.

Saving my brother's scales should be top priority, but this inferno between Montrose and I just keeps heating up.

If fate put him in my path, can I trust that we'll make it to the other side of this disaster together? There's only one way to find out…"]

These poor fools. They were just so.... Tino said once that he was a himbo, but like bruuuuuuh, you just watched 3 of your brothers fall in love with their fated mates. And you reeeaaalllllly didn't think THAT was why you're emotions were so tangled over Montrose and your dragon was so obsessed with the demon?!?! Everyone fucking else knew. Everyone, but Montrose himself, because he was an idiot about it, too.

BUT they were halfway to being bonded before they realized their stupidity (one point to Dempsey (and Lake) for no longer putting up with their BS). There was so much love and trust and fluff and protectiveness and possessiveness and caring between them (not to mention the lust, the pure (literal) fire between them). 

I fucking can't with this series. It's too many emotions to handle for one person (hence why the author is really two people). I want the next book NOW (mainly because I deduce that it will be Lord's, and with his luck, he'll fall in love with the dragon hunter or something ;) ).

#hothead #smolder #wildfire #inferno #drakesecurity #drakesecurityseries #mikanix #kmneuhold #miamonroe #paranormal #books #queerbooks #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work: Strictly Professional (Bad Decisions #2)

More scrambling to pick what to read (and not reading something off any of my many, many TBR lists). Here's Jesse H. Reign's "W...