Thursday, May 9, 2024

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)


Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It's the fourth novel in her Crimson Club series.

["Using a dating app to find someone willing to sell their tools for cheap might be unconventional, but it wasn't like I was having any luck finding my person on them. I'm about to give up on my search for love, and tools, when Hayden messages me.

Not only is my stolen-tool problem solved, but it turns out he’s a great guy, and we quickly become friends. But the more time we spend together, the more I notice something between us.

Something that doesn’t just feel like friendship.

Something that makes me want more. Makes me want him.

Watching Hayden lose control is everything. So is knowing he can’t stay away from me, either."]

There was so much unneeded anxiety in this book. I mean, Zane slapped them both over their faces with reality, and it STILL took them forever to talk! Fucking men.

ANYway, I LOOOOOVED River. I was obsessed with him. Even his quirks and insecurities were admirable and adorable. CLEALY, Hayden agrees. ;) Honestly though, they both had their own pasts and traumas and self-hates, but together (and with the help from their friends), they worked through it and learned that they're beautiful in their own way.

I was all set up (spoiler ahead--minor) for a third-act-break-up, but luckily, it didn't happen (or I would have SOBBED).

Trigger Warnings: neglectful and emotionally detached parents, mentions of past death of parents, mention of financially abusive extensive family, mentions of past bullying, mentions of an emotionally abusive ex, and more.

#stepbrotherdearest #fakerswithbenefits #bestservedcold #leftonread #dadnextdoor #theirwickedways #crimsonclub #crimsonclubseries #willowdixon #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Testing the Goalie (Green Springs University #2)

Sorta trying to catch up on a few books from my short list TBR piles. Here's Laura John's latest series: Green Springs University. T...