Tuesday, July 23, 2024

The Naga (The Sanctuary: Forest #1)


More ARCs. "The Naga" is the first novel in Stella Rainbow's newest series The Sanctuary: Forest.

["A chance meet brings two fated mates together, but can they overcome their personal hurdles to make their relationship work, when one of them isn't quite as human as the other?

Khush
What were the chances of running into my mate the first time I visited the human world? Almost none. And yet, there he was, with sparkling blue eyes, brightly painted nails, a wide smile, and a sassy as fuck mouth.
There was no way I was dropping the ball on this, but it wasn't as easy as asking him out, even though he'd left me his number on my coffee cup. Being a supernatural in the human world was tough, but bringing a human into your world? Yeah, I was going to need some help.

Dustin
Meeting the sexiest man alive in a coffee shop wasn't something I'd anticipated, but I couldn't just let him disappear into the crowd. When the man actually texted me, I soon figured out he was much more than a handsome face.
Khush was a little grumpy, a little shy, and all kinds of sweet. I had a habit of jumping in feet first into new relationships, but for the first time I felt like it wouldn't end in a disaster. Finding out there was more to Khush's world than I could've ever imagined was just the cherry on top."]

Goodness were these two adorable as hell! Dustin was sweet and sassy and happy. Khush was shy and grumpy (for everyone but his mate). But they had each other, and a found family of supernatural beings (living in a safe haven and supporting each other no matter what)--oh! and an orange cat named Scrappy!

There wasn't much angst at all in this book, some past traumas touched on, but nothing major. They fell into each other perfectly and made each other better and fit each other and just Fate did good on that one (and Stella). There was minor spice (well, there wasn't much spice, but that doesn't mean the spice that was there wasn't spicy) and lots (loooooots) of fluff.

I feel like there was more background to this novel, even though this was the first novel of series. Either way, I am now obligated to add Stella to my to-binge list (a real hardship ;) ).

Trigger Warnings: toxic parents, minor notes of transphobia, and more.

#gayromancereviews #arcs #arcteammember
#thenaga #thesanctuary #thesanctuaryseries #thesanctuaryforest #thesanctuaryforestseries #stellarainbow #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bromantic Puckboy (Puckboys #6)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...