Saturday, August 31, 2024

How to Flirt with a Hellhound (Hellhounds of Paradise Falls #1)


AHHH! Here's Shannon Mae's latest book, "How to Flirt with a Hellhound," which is the first book in her newest series Hellhounds of Paradise Falls (which is a spin-off series from Demonic Disasters and Afterlife Adventures).

["Toby
Maybe I have an overactive imagination, but the hot guy next door totally gives off serial killer vibes. Why else would he know how long it takes to bleed out from a wound? Yeah, ok, so I asked, but it was research. Being an author definitely makes for some odd questions (someone had better clear my browser history when I die, that’s all I’m saying). It’s not like I’m stalking my hot neighbor or anything—there’s nothing wrong with watching him out my window. Although I might have my own stalker (and not the cute harmless kind), which is kind of terrifying. Even if he isn’t a serial killer, maybe my seriously sexy neighbor whose eyes seem to glow red (a trick of the light, I’m sure) can help me out.

Dexter
How do you tell your cute neighbor that cutting off fingers probably won’t cause a victim to bleed out? I don’t know if trying out Toby’s writing ideas is a good method of flirting, but there’s just something about him that calls to my hellhound. He’s adorable, awkward, and all kinds of clueless. He brings out my protective instincts, and I find myself wanting to please him, even if that means figuring out some of the answers to his rather bloodthirsty questions. When I find out Toby might actually be in danger, nothing will stop my hellhound from protecting him. He’s mine, even if he doesn’t know it, and I’ll tear apart anyone who even thinks of hurting him."]

And the official tags (because they're the best): ["socially awkward writer and serial killer(ish) hellhound fall in love; talking about dismemberment totally counts as flirting, right?; there’s death and maiming, but only of really bad people; Dex would literally burn the world down for those he cares about; Toby is adorably clueless; hellhounds have tails, and they know how to use them."]

Seriously, does Shannon like have a team a deal with a crossroads demon? Because she's too talented. I can't.

This book was soooo fucking good!! It was a little meta, as Toby is a paranormal/dark romance writer himself who just discovered paranormal really exists as he fell in love with his morally gray (with altruistic intentions) hellhound boyfriend. It was really cool how close Shannon skirted the lines of inspiration there.

And Dexter!!! My. God. He was adorable and awkward as hell. Constantly asking himself if X or Y was normal for humans or if Z would startle his Toby too much. And constantly rescuing poeple and then calling them stray!!???? Cassius was not amused (I, for sure, was). And his instinctual need to protect Toby?! Yes. Just, yes.  

Toby was adorable, and his awkward matched Dexter's perfectly. All of him matched Dexter perfectly. It was so fun to watch. I kept giggling to myself while reading, they were just that cute. 

I want need more of this series. Now. Please? ...or all of them (all of them is good).

Quote of the Day (Toby): "In what universe did a sexy neighbor come in, tell you everything you needed to know to complete your current chapter, then kiss you senseless?"

Quote of the Day (Dex): "I chuckled to myself thinking about what Jude would say if I asked about giving a human the corpses of his enemies as a courting gift."

Trigger Warnings: torture, violence, implied abusive relationship, kidnapping, human trafficking, mentions of past trauma, and more

#gayromancereviews #grr #arcs #arcteammember
#howtoflirtwithahellhound #howtohackahellhound #hellhoundsinparadisefalls #hellhoundsinparadisefallsseries #shannonmae #demonicdisastersandafterlifeadventures #demonicdisastersandafterlifeadventuresseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...