Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Leo, My Partner (Family Ties #2)


R.S. McKenzie's latest series (one of them) is called Family Ties. The second novel in the series is "Leo, My Partner."

["Leo
Pretending to be like everyone else is exhausting, but I’ve mastered it. No one knows what really lurks behind the mask I wear every day. I’m not like others. I don’t experience emotions like they do. I have no need for human connection, but when I see Tyshawn, that changes. One look and I know he’s mine. It doesn’t matter that I’ve never been with a man before. He makes me want, he makes me burn. When he catches me … working … my second job, he has to decide if he wants to stay with me. I have to convince him that I’m willing to do anything for him … including slaying some of his demons.

Tyshawn
Owning my own bakery is my dream. When a friend of mine pushes me to contact the owner of Ray’s Beanery for a tasting to display my baked goods at his coffee shop, I jump at the opportunity. The sexy coffee shop owner I meet is as unexpected as my instant feelings of desire for him. That is, until I walk in on him covered in blood while he’s … working. I realize there is more to him than meets the eye. I’m terrified of him, but when I hear him out, I’m intrigued. I know what he’s capable of. Am I capable of it too?"]

Why are psychopaths in dark romance novels so freaking cute?! I mean, sure, he's constantly covered in blood and describing things I did not need to "see" while eating, BUT the way he is with Ty?!?!? So. Fucking. Adorable.

The way Leo just blossomed with Ty. The way Ty just jumped into this crazy thing with two feet. The way Blu and June just accepted them into their messed up family. It was glorious. 

Quote of the Day (Leon): "I'd rather he be with me willingly than kidnapping him and chaining him to my headboard. My de-dushka, Ivan, said I can't take people against their wills and expect to stay out of prison. While I like to keep what is mine close to me, I don't want to get locked up and be away from him forever. That would defeat the purpose of kidnapping him in the first place."

Quote of the Day (Ty): "'Demanding and possessive. Either the heavens have sent me the man of my dreams, or you're a psychopath. I'm not sure which one." First date, everyone. First. Date.

Trigger Warnings: murder, torture, violence, mention of sexual assault off page, off-page mention of crimes against children, mentions of animal cruelty and death on-page but in the past, mention of suicide off-page and in the past, and more.

#gayromancereviews #grr #arcs #arcteammember
#blumyprotector #leomypartner #familyties #familytiesseries #rsmckenzie #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...