Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Praise You (Beaumont University #3)


Suddenly, its the end of July slash beginning of August, and I have so many currently-borrowed-ARCs due. Here's to me speed-reading (which, frankly, I'm great at). "Praise You" by Ashley Rayne. Its the third book in her Beaumont University (BU) series.

["Oliver
Moving across the country to start over was a smart decision. It’s a chance to learn who I am and what I want to be. The cam session was supposed to be a one-time thing. And it was, at first. Until I log back in, drawn to the masked man whose videos I can’t stop watching. I gather my courage to try a one-on-one session, only to come face to face with the one person I can't have. That’s when I realize I’d forgotten the most important lesson.
Don’t fall for the one person you shouldn’t: your student.

Ronan
Camming to avoid getting my heart broken was a smart move. It’s a chance to meet new people without getting hurt. After an amazing online session with an anonymous man with a gorgeous body, I never expect to see him again. And I don’t, not at first. Until he logs back in a few months later for a private, one-on-one cam show, and I recognize the person I’ve gotten close to during our tutoring appointments. That’s when I learn my hardest lesson yet.
Don’t fall for the one person you shouldn’t: your professor. "]

I will, somehow, always be pleasantly surprised when authors take characters and turn archetypes and cliches on their heads. Its glorious and beautiful. Don't get me wrong, those archetypes/cliches are as such for a reason, but when they get twisted? It makes the moment brand new, it speaks life into something old, and it adds another dimension to something already multi-dimensional. It's delicious (Ronan things so, too ;) ). 

Speaking of Ronan. God, he fell right away. I mean, so did Oliver; Oliver just had a little bit more restraint (but when he realized his feelings, they hit him like a freaking truck...and then he ran away).

They never excepted something even remotely close to a HEA: Oliver was just broken up with and moved across the country, and Ronan just didn't do relationships after being cheated on and left behind so many times. Neither of them were sure about themselves or their feelings or their place in this world, but they were sure (eventually...it wasn't right away (if it was, we wouldn't have a book)) about each other. They were both so deserving of love, of something dedicated to them, of praise and support. 

#gayromancereviews #grr #arcs #arcteammember
#persuadeyou #protectyou #praiseyou #beaumontuniversity #beaumontuniversityseries #ashleyrayne #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...