Sunday, August 18, 2024

The Cinderella Prince (The Boys of Hudson Burrow #1)


I canNOT get enough of fairytales and retellings and princes. Here's Hayden Hall's latest: "The Cinderella Prince." Its the first novel in his new series: The Boys of Hudson Burrow.

["All I want is to help those who need it the most. So when a devastatingly handsome stranger lands in Neon Nights, the gay bar where we spend our days and nights, I immediately know he’s in trouble. I also know that we share an instant connection that comes once in a lifetime, but our clumsy kiss freaks him out and turns the night into a total disaster.

The truth is that Cedric Philippe Valois Montclair is no random stranger looking for a place to stay. He is a foreign prince about to be engaged to a woman his family picked for him. Facing the prospect of an arranged marriage, the charming prince ran to New York and fell into my arms.

Cedric is a dreamer, an art lover, and hell in a tight shirt. He makes my mouth water and my heart melt.

Can I protect him from his family’s pursuit? And can I resist that endless pull of attraction?

I know I can never be more than a friend to him. Even if he didn’t have to marry a French marchioness, he couldn’t be with me. But every minute we spend on the dance floor, our hands exploring each other’s biceps and backs, my desire for him becomes hotter.

I’m about to do something terribly stupid.

I’m about to fall in love with a prince."]

This book was beautiful and glorious and historic and heartbreaking. It reminded me a bit of "Red, White, and Royal Blue" but with more drag queens and more dancing (and less first sons). 

I learned sooo much about queer motifs in Hellenic and Romance mythology and history. It was awesome (and heartbreaking--so much heartbreak in this one, and somehow I only cried a bit). It almost makes me want to make my own altar to Antinous.

Their love was so poetic, so open, so achingly beautiful. They were soft and devoted to each other. So dedicated and reverent and passionate. It was perfect. It was stuff of history.

I can't wait for the rest of the series. 

Trigger Warnings: past mentions of a lost loved one, and more

#booksprout #indieauthorcreative #arcs #arcteammember
#thecinderellaprince #romeovsromeo #beautyandthebillionaire #theboysofhudsonburrow #theboysofhudsonburrowseries #haydenhall #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...