Monday, August 5, 2024

The Curse Sebastian Storm (Moonlight Falls #2)


Suddenly, its the beginning of August, and I have so many currently-borrowed-ARCs due. Here's to me speed-reading (which, frankly, I'm great at). "The Curse Sebastian Storm" by Colette Rivera. Its the second book in her Moonlight Falls series.

["Some magic changes you forever.

Sebastian Storm didn’t dare dream of a future beyond Storm House. He never hoped James Gray might want to keep him. But it seems that’s exactly what James plans to do.

Too bad they won’t last. No one ever picks Sebastian, and he can’t see why James would be any different, especially when Sebastian is keeping a secret he dreads having to reveal.

But he can’t keep it to himself when the curse that’s haunted him his whole life isn’t done with him.

Sebastian should have known escaping wouldn’t be easy, but he never expected the curse to grow or to face worse things outside Storm House’s walls. Shades are wreaking havoc on Moonlight Falls as something even more sinister builds beneath the surface.

With so much at stake, Sebastian has to risk everything. He needs to know if James can be the one good thing in his life that lasts. To find out if they can stand together when things get worse, not better. And just maybe, they’ll be able to build a future out of the rubble."]

My views on wrapping Sebastian up and a blanket and running far away (with him (James can come too)) from Moonlight Falls and all of the trauma and abuse his family forced upon him has not changed. 

God, this poor boy (man)! D: He deserves so much after the shit he was put through (as does James--which is why they are perfect together).

Also, these shades (and the general magic of this town) is getting scary as shit (I probably also need to stop listening to paranormal podcasts after dark). 

Quote of the Day 1 (Sebastian): "Don't leave me. If I'm yours, you can't leave me. I need you to stay with me. I can't survive without you. I want to be yours forever."

QotD 2 (Sebastian): "I won't leave you, James. I will claw my way back from the worst kind of hell to get back to you. Promise."

This next (and last) book is going to be even more emotional (and traumatic), I can just tell. 

Trigger Warnings: after-effects of isolation and imprisonment, social anxiety, low self-esteem, mention of a past fatal car accident, death of loved ones (past, off-page) and associated grief, discussion of taking care of a dying relative in the past, abandonment by a parent (past), minor on-page car accident, magical violence, mention of possessed animals (and the killing of via firearm off-page), fire, abduction of a character by a villain/monster, blood-magic rituals, brief moment of suicidal ideation, and more

#gayromancereviews #grr #indieauthorcreative #booksprout #arcs #arcteammember
#thefallofelijahgray #theseductionofjamesgray #thecursedsebastainstorm #theheartofmoonlightfalls #moonlightfallsnovella #moonlightfalls #moonlightfallsseries #coletterivera #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...