Thursday, August 29, 2024

The Flower Shop Arrangement


Here's another ARC that I waited until the last minute to read...oops. Here's R. Cayden's "The Flower Shop Arrangement."

["When I inherit a building from a grandpa I’ve never met, there’s only one plan: take the money and run.

Enter Nicholas, the florist with the little shop downstairs. I’m an awkward loner of a carpenter, a straight guy who is totally out of place in this unfamiliar city’s gay district. I don’t know what to do with Nicholas’s easy smile or his hopelessly romantic worldview, so I just ignore how it makes me feel when he says my name.

But as I start on some quick and needed renovations, friendly and talkative Nicholas keeps catching my attention, and my eye wanders where I’ve trained it not to go. The future of his business lies in my hands and what I do with this old, falling-down building. I can’t afford to think about him this way, but we make each other smile, and desires I’ve buried for years rise back to the surface with every loaded silence and moment caught alone together.

Nicholas doesn’t let me grunt and trudge away. He surprises me one night with a proposal. Turns out, Nicholas with the sweet little flower shop has some desires of his own, and we might be the perfect match. With love and romance off the table, we can focus all our attention on the bedroom until I sell the building and leave town, and no one needs to know about it.

No commitment is perfect for me. I’ve spent my entire life building walls.

But the second I get my hands on Nicholas, they all start tumbling down."]

This book was sooooo sweet! There was so much fluff and so much just honest caring. 

Nicholas always wanted love and a relationship, but he thought maybe, just this once, he should try the hook-up scene. Enter Clay. They become fast friends, and the lines blur, and as their self-imposed expiration dates looms closer, Nicholas knows his heart has taken over and there's only one way this thing is going to end.

Clay always hated relationships and love. He prefers to be alone, but he though maybe, just this once, he should try to test his bi-sexual-ness out. Enter Nicholas. Clay keeps finding himself doing nice things for Nicholas just because or finding himself wanting to make Nicholas smile or, gasp, finding himself smiling. He knows he'll break Nicholas's heart when he leaves, but he can't hold himself back anymore.

These two were adorable as hell. Even if their secret rendezvous (and growing feelings) were (a lot) less secret than they realized. ;)

#gayromancereviews #grr #arcs #arcteammember
#theflowershoparrangment #rcayden #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...