Saturday, August 3, 2024

Who Said Mobsters Were Scary?


I've been looking on BookSirens for a while, but nothing really jumped out at me. Until today. F.J Miev's "Who Said Mobsters Were Scary?" had me hooked.

["LEO
I left the US for a fresh start. A self-centered mafia heir with stalker tendencies is the last thing I need on my head. And the job he’s offering me? I’m definitely turning it down.
Except he’s sexy, charming and won’t take No for an answer. He stirs in me things no man has stirred before, but I blame that on the fact that I need to get laid.
After all, even straight guys can find other men hot when it’s been a while, right?

CHAI
I need a new bodyguard. But finding a good match is harder than you’d think.
Until Leo saves me from an ambush in one of Nagoya’s back alleys.
He’s reckless, a little wild and his pretty blue eyes are impossible to forget. My father won’t like him one bit, and not just because he’s a foreigner.
But I made up my mind the moment I caught Leo trying to spy on me. He had his chance and he blew it. Now I want him, and I won’t settle for less when he makes me look at him in a way I haven’t looked at a man before."]

I kinda loved how this book wasn't dark. I mean, I LOVE me a dark romance (and even more so a dark mafia romance), but this one was a pleasant surprise (and a welcomed relief). I mean, who doesn't love a double himbo idiots-to-lovers romance. It had all of the green flags, cinnamon roll vibes, supportive friends, and fluff to the extreme (and don't forget about the steam). 

Okay, so there were a feeeew red flags. I mean, they were obsessed with each other for a bit, and there was some mutual stalking. Plus the whole mafia thing (and a mole in the mafia). And the whole reason Leo was in Japan to begin with. BUT it wasn't anything dark. 

And just because it wasn't dark and filled with red flags, it doesn't mean that the spice wasn't high. And far more spicy than two previously straight dudes should be capable of. NOT that I'm complaining. What. So. Ever. Good for them, actually.

#booksirens #gayromancereviews #grr #indieauthorcreative #booksprout #arcs #arcteammember
#whosaidmobsterswerescary #jfmiev #mobstermayhem #mobstermayhemseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bromantic Puckboy (Puckboys #6)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...