Thursday, September 5, 2024

My Demon Mate


R.S. Mckenzie is one of my go-to dark romance reads. I was sooo excited to get an ARC of her latest book "My Demon Mate." It debuts September 13.

["The voice in my head tells me to commit murder.

All my life, I’ve only known pain, fear and anger. I’m alone.
Except for the voice in my head. It tells me to act on some of my most diabolical thoughts. I can’t listen, I can’t carry out the acts, even if I’ve never wanted anything so much in my life.
When the voice manifests into a demon that says I’ve been promised to him for hundreds of years, I finally feel safe and cared for. Not only is he protective of me and my well being, he’s hell bent on getting revenge against those that hurt me.
I’ll tell him how."]

Everest had a hard, horrible life. No one ever stood up for him, no one ever protected him. He was alone and lonely and sad. He had a few things going for him, but those were ruined as well. Until that voice in his head comes to life. 

Raven appears like a demon in shining stripes (...he has golden stripes...read it and you'll understand). Raven vows to protect and avenge his Everest with everything he has, which is quick a lot. He would rather hurt himself than ever dream of hurting his Everest, his perfect mate.

Everest trusts Raven implicitly from the very first moment, goes with him without a moment's hesitation, without any fear. He jumps into this things with a demon with both feet, never having felt so cared for, so cherished, so loved. And Everest gives all of that caring, cherish-ment (go with it), and love right back. They're a match made in hell..in soooo many deliciously adorable and devilishly dirty ways. 

Trigger Warnings: torture, murder, violence, gore, bullying, physical/mental/emotional abuse (individuals that have been abusing the MC will get what they deserve), homophobia, abuse of power (not between MCs), brief mention of drug use
and overdose, brief mention of suicidal ideations. strong alcohol use/alcoholism, ableist language from abusers, and more.

#grr #gayromancereviews #arcs #arcteammember
#mydemonmate #rsmckenzie #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...