Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Goodbye February


January sputtered along. But February blurred by. I can't believe its practically March. 


Here I am again checking in with my 2019 resolutions:
(1) Keep learning
(2) Write [almost] every day
(3) Don't stop reading
(4) Complete something (e.g. a manuscript)
(5) Get [a little] professional 


This month was...not very successful. The winter blues hit me hard this month (stupid fake spring). Then I got the worst sinus infection of my life. Bleh, excuses, excuses, Abby.

(1) Again, no real "evidence" of this to share. 

(2) I've failed in this epically. I'm trying to get back into the habit of...something. I'm picking back up a prompt book (or two). And forcing myself to work on resolution #4 more, too.
(3) I read a lot for the average person in February, but for my usual self, I slowed down a lot. In February, I've read a total of 6.5 books (though I tried to get to 7...and failed). Not quite as good as January, but still very good.
(4) Again, I've been failing at this in February. My manuscript has ~__91__ pages done. They still look more like a screenplay than a novel. But I'm still really happy with it; and really excited about my characters and their journey.

(5) Posts in February:  14 (that includes this one). 

I'm going to (try) to do this at the end of every month, or close to it (that is, if I remember, and my life isn't too too crazy at that time).
What are your big March reads?Anything I should check out?

As we say at the daycare I work at during circle time:
"Goodbye, February!"
"Hello, March!"
It sounds silly, but just imagine 6-10 two year olds repeating that after you. It could make almost anyone smile.



#newyearsresolutions #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #completesomething #getprofessional #goodbyefebruary #hellomarch #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inferno (Drake Security #4)

So many TBRs and so little time (and these authors just keep releasing shit, like my reading life (and life life) isn't already stressfu...