Sunday, March 31, 2019

Goodbye March


March who? April what? 


Here I am again checking in with my 2019 resolutions:
(1) Keep learning
(2) Write [almost] every day
(3) Don't stop reading
(4) Complete something (e.g. a manuscript)
(5) Get [a little] professional 


Again, I wasn't super successful this month. I got really sick again (stubborn little germ monsters), and then my motivation just took a hit when the sun suddenly showed up again. Bleh, excuses, excuses, Abby (again).


(1) Again, no real "evidence" of this to share. 

(2) I'm doing a lot better at this. The prompt book is helping. And so is working on #4. 

(3) I read...not a lot in March. I think I read about 6 or 7 books in total. Does it help that I have about 4 work in processes? No? Yeah, I didn't think so.

(4) I've done a lot, a lot better in this aspect, slowly. My manuscript has ~113 pages done (and counting). Most of them still look more like a screenplay than a novel, but again, its a work in progress. But I'm still really happy with it; and really excited about my characters and their journey.

(5) Posts in February: 24 (that includes this one). Squeezed in a few more just at the end there.
I'm going to (try) to do this at the end of every month, or close to it (that is, if I remember, and my life isn't too too crazy at that time).


What are your big April reads?
Anything I should check out?


As we say at the daycare I work at during circle time:
"Goodbye, March!"
"Hello, April!"
It sounds silly, but just imagine 6-10 two year olds repeating that after you. It could make almost anyone smile.



#newyearsresolutions #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #completesomething #getprofessional #goodbyemarch #helloapril #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...