Thursday, December 26, 2019

Writing/Editing Rant--Part 3


Editing Update: Another 40-60 pages in.
Again, its hard to tell exactly how much I've come along.

But I'm almost halfway through putting my pen-to-paper edits into the computer document. So there's that.

I had a very (very) ambitious goal of finishing this whole round of paper-to-computer edits by the end of the year. And well, its not happening. It's just not. Unfortunately. But it was a big (almost un-accomplishable) goal in the first place.

I'm on a roll, and I love it.

Okay, well I was on a roll. Was.

I started a new TV show and watched two whole seasons in a week.
I forced myself to stop, because I wasn't getting any writing done with all that binge watching.
So naturally, I started another new TV show. I've been binging that. Two seasons done in a week. I need to stop. Really. I do. Or find a good balance of work (writing) and play (watching).

Any advice on a good balance?

Also, I've really been in a reading mood lately. So that means (because I can't do both--I really can't) no writing. Its a bitter sweet moment. I've been wanting to read more, but it'll take time away from my writing. Bleh!

Again, any advice?

Also, I just like...get so much done. I feel so freaking accomplished. And then I remember a lot of other things to add, to edit, to remove. Its a freaking never-ending cycle. I'm so tired.

New Goal: finish this whole manuscript and have it (almost?) sent (hopefully) to an agent by this time next year? Yeah? :/ Yeah. :)

#keepwriting #writersproblems #writing #editing #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...