Monday, May 10, 2021

Shadow and Bone: Season One (post one)


The entire reason I initially started this blog was to gush about books to people who got it, people who would listen. My first post (or maybe my second?) was about how they were making a Netflix series about Leigh Bardugo's GrishaVerse, and I was fangirl-ing. Hard. And have been for over a year (following the casting (poor Wylan) and pre-filming and filming and post-production advertising).

I read the series out of order, like one does. I started with "Six of Crows" (and then, duh, "Crooked Kingdom"), and only read the original trilogy when the Netflix announcement was made. I have yet to read Nikolai's duology yet (sue me), though Nikolai is one of my favorite characters ever.

And now, season one of Shadow and Bone has been out for over two weeks, and I haven't build up the nerve to watch it yet.
First, it was because I needed to wait until I could binge the entire thing in one sitting.
Then/Now, it's because I'm afraid of being disappointed. I just...I loved this world so much and I've been so damn excited for this series to launch for over a year. What if it sucks (as if anything Ben Barnes could be in could suck)? What if they ruin the GrishaVerse world? What if I build this thing up in my head for so long and it's just "eh"? What if...

I'm going to try to suck it up and watch it (at least one or two episodes) sometime today. Any words of encouragement? Any advice? Anything? #nomournersnofunerals

#shadowandbone #seigeandstorm #ruinandrising #sixofcrows #crookedkingdom #kingofscars #ruleofwolves #leighbardugo #netflix #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...