Monday, May 10, 2021

Screwed (Four Bear Construction #4)


My careful (reckless--with abandon, of course) perusal of the recommendations my Kindle app provided with me, I stumbled upon K.M. Neuhold's Four Bears Construction series. The fourth book is titled "Screwed".

["I've had my fair share of less than proud relationship moments, but waking up married to my brother-in-law's best friend is a new low.

A drunken wedding to a man who already rejected me once? Check. A hefty bet about how long it will last? Check. My feisty new husband, determined to make our friends pay up? Double check.

I've never managed to make a real relationship last nearly a year, there's no way Daniel will stick around long enough to win this bet. The only problem is the longer he stays, the more the lines blur between what's real and what's for show. Does he feel it too or am I totally screwed?"]

These two had a connection, a chemistry since the first set of pages they appeared on (in book 1 as Ren's best friend and Cole's brother) and it only grew (more awkward and obvious--to people who's heads weren't up their own paired-up, loved-up asses) as the series continued.

Until we got to Ollie's fourth wedding (almost similar to that of Ross's in #Friends, but in a forward-thinking, much less toxic-masculinity kind of way--easy to fall in love and thriving for connection/commitment, but unashamed of it--just a wee bit embarrassed and ready for the real thing)... 

Then things got a little extra interesting. You add two stubborn and hot-headed men together, pit them against their bet-friendly friends, and mix in a whole hell of a lot of sexual heat? Yeah, nothing would ever go wrong there. ;)

This one was SOOO cute. Honestly, the pessimistic love-isn't-real guy paired with the heart-eyes commitment-whore? Hell. Yes. 

Check out the short story at the end of the book, too! #TequilaWedding Which was just the tequila-flavored icing on the cake. Read this, and it will make everything even better.

#caulky #nailed #hardwood #screwed #stud #kmneuhold #fourbearsconstruction #fourbearsconstructionseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...