Monday, May 24, 2021

The Demon In The Wood (Grishaverse Book 0.5)


Annnnnd, I've decided to re-read Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse series instead of starting one of my many, many (many) TBR piles. So here we are. Reading, for the first time actually, the Darkling's prequel, "The Demon In The Wood". 

["Limited collector’s edition of the final book features an exclusive Darkling prequel story!

Before he became the Darkling, he was just a lonely boy of extraordinary power. Get a look into the past that forged a brutal and brilliant leader."]

I never read this edition in the original Grishaverse trilogy. Once again, Goodreads come in for the win, informing me of books that I would have otherwise (accidentally) ignored.

I mean, I (sorta) always felt (a little) bad for the Darkling. Mostly because Leigh does a good job at creating full characters with backstories and weaknesses. She humanizes him in the main series. 

This prequel only further instills that human-side of him. Though, I'll agree with him when he uttered "Fine, make me your villain" because, well, it was Iconic, capital I, (and hot).


#thedemoninthewood #shadowandbone #thetailor #seigeandstorm #ruinandrising #grishaverse #grishaverseseries #sixofcrows #crookedkingdom #kingofscars #ruleofwolves #leighbardugo #netflix #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...