Saturday, July 24, 2021

Why is writing so hard?

Why is writing so hard?

I haven't written in months. I just haven't wanted to, haven't felt that creative need/drive/pull. I've also been obsessively reading, so there's that.

But recently, I've been attempting to get back into the writing scene. I decided to revisit my Cinderella AU (the queer one--because who wouldn't read the shit out of that story), and realized that the problems I saw with it months ago didn't go away on their own (like who the hell do they think they are just staying there and not fixing themselves?). 

Well, I've decided to do the mature thing and start from scratch. I read though the entire thing I had plotted (almost 100 pages of mostly dialogue). And now I'm just...starting over. Writing out the basic plot of the OG Cindy (1950 Disney). Reimagining characters. Adding a bit from my original plot but trying to start simpler (I told myself if I did this, then I could ignore the issues or figure out how to fix them--instead, I've been staring at blank word docs and empty notecards and just doodling circles on my notebooks(s), aka super exciting stuff over here).

Because I'm basically lacking any motivation or inspiration right now, we're just going to watch some Cinderella movies (they made a new Cinderella Story with Bailee Madison), so that's where I'll be for the next two hours if you need me.

What are your favorite Cinderella movie adaptations?

Do you have any Cinderella story adaptations that I need to check out?

Got any advice or inspiration for me?

Maybe I'll relook at the Pinterest board I made a few months ago too, see if that helps at all...

#writer #writing #writerproblems #help #cinderella #cinderellaau #queercinderella #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...