Monday, August 23, 2021

Forbidden Friend (His Best Friend's Brother #2)

This series is a combination of binge-reading R. Cayden's other work as well as another recommendation from an Amazon email. The series: His Best Friend's Brother. The second book is titled "Forbidden Friend".

["At work, at home—my best friend’s twin brother is everywhere I look, tempting me.

Leo
Keep your filthy hands off my brother.
It’s Kai’s one rule before his brother moves into our condo. I tell him no problem; I can handle that.
He and River look identical, after all, and it’s not like I’m crushing on Kai.
Or anyone, for that matter. I’m a one-night-only type of guy.
And River is apparently the opposite: a hopeless romantic, totally incapable of staying single.
We’d be a disaster. So after he moves in, why is it that I suddenly can’t stop thinking about how good it feels to make him smile?
Why am I torturing myself, fantasizing about his touch?
My best friend’s brother is forbidden, but Kai is right.

I’m desperate to rub my filthy hands all over him."]


This was the book that I got the email recommendation on (because why advertise the first book in the series when you can advertise the second one), and oh. my. god.

It was soooooo damn soft. Like I didn't expect it to be so fluffy. And not cotton-candy fluff (though there were a few moments of that), but the every-day-average-this-is-a-relationship fluff (watching movies together, cooking dinner together, cuddling in bed with no alternative/sexy plans of more, etc).

Just like with the first novel, they make each other better, they push each other to do what they need to relax as well as dream big. They fall in love before they fall in love (it makes sense, okay, just go with it).

It's also set in Pittsburgh (specifically the Squirrel Hill/Shady Side area--which I spent so many years growing up there in college). So like a win on that one.

#fallingforthegeek #forbiddenfriend #thegeeknextdoor #sharedsecrets #fallingfortrouble #hisbestfriendsbrother #hisbestfriendsbrotherseries #rcayden #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...