Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Just A Kiss (Geek Ink #3)

Like I said before....here we are, checking out (aka binge-reading) the Geek Ink series (by R. Cayden). The third book is titled "Just A Kiss."

["Geeky friends to tattooed lovers

I have a secret: I’m in love with my best friend.
Rafael is a brilliant artist and a lovable weirdo.
I’ve been pining for him for years, but when he starts an apprenticeship as a tattoo artist, my longing spikes.
My best friend finds a new side to himself, more confidence, and it makes me fall in love all over again.

The problem is Rafael doesn’t do relationships.
And me? I don’t do casual.
Yet somehow, we still end up in bed one day, after he proposes a “sexperiment.”
We’ll be friends with benefits, nothing more.

We might start with just a kiss, but a kiss can still change everything."]

THIS was the book that got me wanting to read the series. I saw the title and the cover art and I just want all heart-eyes. Then I read the blurb (because why the hell not), and you all know my weakness is tropes (especially friends-to-lovers). So I made the mature decision to start at the beginning of the series and FUCK YES.

I know its a book and its part of the trope but why? Why would a friends with benefits ever work out? The I'm-in-love-with-my-best-friend guy will get crushed if it ends or if he confesses his feelings and its not returned. And the other guy (the what's-better-than-my-best-friend? nothing + what's-better-than-sex? nothing = what's-better-than-sex-with-my-best-friend) just kind of looks like a dumb accidental-ass? 
BUT these guys (spoiler alert, almost, sort of, not really) eventually communicate and figure it out... after crying and pining and angst and... Well, just read the thing, kay?


#geektattoo #craveme #justakiss #grufftouch #geekink #geekinkseries #rcayden #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...