Monday, August 30, 2021

Naughty & Nice (The Love Notes series 2)

This time, instead of searching for a new book to read (new series/author to binge-read), I went to my wish list of Kindle reads and found this: The Love Note series by DJ Jamison. The second book is "Naughty & Nice"...

["Why can't I forget your kiss...

Dear Quinn,

Why must I have these feelings for you? You're my ex-stepbrother, and nothing will change that truth, no matter how many letters I write.

I never expected to see you again--or to rescue you from the side of the road in a blizzard. I didn't think you would ever like me, much less kiss me in a steaming hot tub on a snowy night. It seems we make better lovers than brothers, which is all kinds of naughty and nice while we're snowed in together.

But can this new intimacy last when the skies clear and my family finally arrives for the holidays, or are we just two guys in a mountain cabin with a great view of everything we want but can't have?

Hopelessly yours,
Jonas"]

I fell in love with Jonas when he first made his appearance in book one (spoilers ahead). Okay, so not right away. Right away he came across as an ass (intentionally, I believe). But the way he was protective over Benji, even from Ace (even when he knew how Ace felt about Benji), was really admirable. And we all knew he didn't really click with Benji at that party (it was fairy obvious), but Jonas was still hung up on him (or at least what he saw that Ace and Benji had--what he didn't have) was sweet.

Then he had to go and get himself into this complicated-as-fuck situation. Good going, Jonas.

This book was soooo good! It took me a while to read it because I got to the too-good-to-be-true part, right before the angst let loose and it all went to hell, and I stopped. Total avoidance situation. 
Then when I did read that part, I sobbed a bit. A bunch. But it’s okay, they do have a HEA, one that’s both nice and naughty. 

#secretadmirer #naughtyandnice #goingthedistance #boyfriendfreeze #djjamison #lovenotes #lovenotesbook #lovenotesseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...