Monday, August 30, 2021

Secret Admirer (The Love Note series 1)

This time, instead of searching for a new book to read (new series/author to binge-read), I went to my wish list of Kindle reads and found this: The Love Note series by DJ Jamison. The first book is "Secret Admirer"...


["You deserve all the kisses you want ...

Benji,
I want you to know how amazing you are. You won't believe me, because I'm just your brother's best friend, but it’s true. Each day my feelings for you grow, confusing but undeniable.

With a few anonymous love tokens, I finally have an outlet for all the things I can't say. And with each gift and note, you smile. For me. Not your brother's straight friend, but something new. Something more. Something that will change everything if we can both find the courage to believe.

All I have to do is confess who I really am:
Your Secret Admirer"]

Like honestly, this was soooooo fucking cute!!! You'd think that after binge reading an entire series dedicated to the brothers-best-friend romance trope, I'd be all out of love, but you (and I) would be wrong. Because this book was so adorable and so damn different. Like it was the same (same trope, same keeping-it-a-secret-from-the-brother, same happily ever after), obviously. But it was still so different than anything I read yet (which I fucking love about books and authors and writing--everything (and everyone) is so unique).

But this book had so much personal-angst and pining and guilt-tripping. Yet it also had so much consent and fluff and ice cream and it was so damn sweet. Even their trails and errors were sweet (I mean, the lack of communication thing was half of their original problems but plot).

Off to read "Naughty & Nice" ;)

#secretadmirer #naughtyandnice #boyfriendfreeze #djjamison #lovenotes #lovenotesbook #lovenotesseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...