Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Patient Xero (The Goode Life #3.5)


Isla Olsen's "Patient Xero" from her The Goode Life series (this one published/presented by ProlificWorks):

["That spur of the moment, drunken decision to apply for a job at a medical clinic in a tiny town I've never even heard of probably wasn't my finest moment, but after a messy divorce I'll take anything that will get me away from LA...

Life in tiny Finchley is a far cry from LA, that's fro sure. But I can't deny there's a certain kind of charm about the place, even if the locals are a little crazy.

And then there's Xero Lekkas, a guy who looks at me like all he wants is to stare into my soul.

I'm not ready to date yet. Not even close.

But Xero says he'll wait...as long as it takes."]

This short story was so sweet and so cute and everything that I'm told a romance is about: easy conversation, silences passed in harmony, a spark, a connection, a steamy happily ever after. ;)

Totally worth the detour from the other book(s) I'm currently reading.

#prolificworks

#cleanslate #weboflies #ruleoflaw #patientxero #takenbychance #thegoodelife #thegoodelifeseries #islaolsen #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...